Call for papers: Special Issue of the Czech Journal of Political Science
5.1.2021/ The Czech Journal of Political Science/Politologický časopis opened a call for papers for a special issue titled "Foreign and Energy Policies of the European Union: Challenges in the Time of Growing Geopolitical Struggle Between the East and the West". This special issue will address the European Union (EU) foreign and energy policy regarding relations with Russia and the United States. On a grander scale, it aims to contribute to an expert discussion on the role of energy in geopolitical considerations.
The special issue aims at addressing the following issues:
1) The intertwining of energy and foreign policy in the EU within relations with the US and Russia
2) The external dimension of the EU energy policy regarding gas supplies from Russia and the US – political and legal factors
3) Reflection of the geopolitical perspective on the energy sector concerning natural gas, nuclear energy, and related infrastructure
4) Case studies and state-focused analyses should consider implications for the EU's energy policy and security.
Papers should focus mainly (but not exclusively) on answering the following questions:
1) How the EU's foreign and energy policies reflect relations with Russia and the US?
2) How are supply-related disputes with Russia reflected in the EU law, and how the legal framework shape Russian energy companies' business strategy?
3) What are the implications of Russian and the US energy-related activities for individual EU countries (case studies)?
The deadline for submission of abstracts (250–300 words) is 14 February 2021, 23:59 CET. The abstracts are to be submitted directly to the editors:
Martin Jirušek, Ph.D., Masaryk University, Czech Republic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jack Sharples, Ph.D., Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, United Kingdom (email@example.com)
The special issue will be published in Q1/2022.
More info available here.
27.4.2021/ Martin Jirušek took part in the traditional Midwest Political Science Association conference held online on April 14 – 18.full article